[Towertalk] Tuning Traps

Nathan, Kevin KevNathan@DSB.WA.GOV
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:13:58 -0700

Hi All,

As many on the list may recognize, I have been asking a lot of questions
over the past month regarding 160 meter antennas.  However, I have decided
on what I am putting up and now need some advice.  I am going to erect the
Battle Creek Trapper designed by K1ZM.  I am going to wind my own coax traps
using the Antenna Trap Design program from Tony field for dimensions.  Here
though, is my question.  I do not have a grid dip meter or any type of vom
with an RF probe.  I do have access to the local DX club's MFJ 259B antenna
analyzer but it does not have the add on which, I understand, allows it to
act like a grid dip meter.  What methods, using this device only, would you
suggest to check my home brew traps for resonance?  I am totally blind so
please be specific if describing connections and so on since I have little
actual physical experience with one of these analyzers.  If you respond
privately, please send cc to my home address of k7rx@attbi.com.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.  73
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450