[Towertalk] fence update

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:12:14 EDT

According to my power dump readings measured into the dummy load,

adding 20 1/4 wave radials to the fence going away from the array did nothing

attaching the existing ground system made up of 240 symetrical 1/4 wave
ground radials (60 each antenna) did nothing

If the fence was creating the problems, would it not have had some impact to
try these steps before moving the fence?  Be it good or bad, it would leave a
smoking gun it is the fence intereacting with the array???

If I move this fence, and it's still there, then the comtek box is all that
is left to rule out.  But the relays seem to be working in discussing things
with Jim--

Jim at Comtek said it has to be the fence- I agree but trying some voodoo
tactics first before moving it- Adding insulators to a 12 GA wire wooven
fence won't be practical...........................

The NW vertical seems to be the culprit as my array power dump readings only
go way up when this antenna is involoved with either my JA or SA antenna
being on- I have great readings on both my VK and EU directions- Since the SW
vertical is involved more involved in the EU direction, I have pin pointed
guessed that the NW antenna is being most effected but who knows. It is only
closer to the fence by 10 feet vs the SW antenna.

So far, not a lot of suggestions on this problem-  Moving the fence really
seems to be the only answer unles its not the fence afterall-  Fat chance (-:

73  Paul  N0AH

PS: Will roll up the fence this weekend within a wave length of the array and
keeping fingers crossed it has some effect to my pet antenna-- As for the two
separate postings, I'm glad my original post finally made it- sorry for the
double posting.....................