[Towertalk] More on the Ameritron RCS8V Antenna Switch

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:02:22 -0400

>>>"Frank Davis" said:
> Operators who wish to use the switch in stacked arrays can still do so by app
    lying the control voltage to more then one relay at a time leaving all the
    others grounded.   I have never used the relay in this configuration so can
    't vouch for its effectiveness.

This is probably obvious RCS8V, but I wired my stack using position 1=BOT,
2=TOP, 3=BOTH. This was possible by connecting the #3 terminal connection on
the control box to both #1 & #2 through diodes. That allows ports 1 and 2 to
be independent or commonly driven. Port 3 is not used. Works FVB for me even
without matching.

#1 ----------.-----> to relay box #1 terminal

#2 -------.--------> to relay box #2 terminal
          |  |