[Towertalk] Sidemounting Concerns

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:43:51 -0600

Here's some ANECDOTAL examples of a single leg side mounts:

I had a 3L20 on a 24 ft boom mounted to ONE LEG of a R35
tower (leg diameter and thickness identical to R25) at 65 ft
for several years with NO undesirable affects noted.  I did
use a PVC sleeve over the leg and 1.5 inch U bolts.  I have
also had 5L10's on 26 ft booms side mounted to some TV
tower legs for decades.  Also a TH3 sidemounted at 40 ft
on an 80 ft TV tower (NO diagonals, 6 large cross members)

Tom  N4KG