[Towertalk] McMaster-Carr Fiberglass Rod

Mark Beckwith mark@concertart.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:29:07 -0500

Hello friends, a quick question.  When Fiberglass Rod came up a couple
months ago, somebody referred us to McMaster Carr.   I need some for an
antenna project.  Their listing says that their 1-1/4" fiberglass rod has a
diameter tolerance of "+/- .125" - or "plus or minus an EIGHTH OF AN INCH."

Surely this is not really the case?  Has anybody ever bought this stuff and
can say "I bought it and it was right on" or whatever?

Can anyone suggest a source where I can be confident I'll get the size I
order?

Thanks.

Mark, N5OT