[Towertalk] Yaesu rotor makes odd sound

Tom Gerdes Jr tomnxa@nb.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:00:33 -0400

My older G-1000SDX started making the same noise about two months ago that I know of. Can't hear it in the shack, but I preset it to rotate as much as it could while I rolled outside to check it out. It was what I considered
abnormally loud making the same noise.  Upon further testing, I found it to be noisy and slower in about a 60 degree period of rotation from 330 to30 degrees. Acts the same regardless of direction of rotation. On a good note....it
is still working just fine. It's been turning a big 'ole Pro67C3 for over 5 years now. Not much I can do about it since I can't climb, so I'll run it until it quits.

When new, the rotor was quiet and did not have any ill characteristics.

Tom   N3NXA