[Towertalk] what drill to use ?

kk9a@arrl.net kk9a@arrl.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:31:11 -0500

I ran a 4" PVC pipe into my house.  I removed a few bricks with a hammer and
chisel and drilled  through the wood with a hole saw.  I broke some of the
bricks in half and replaced them to create a circle around the pipe.  It
looks great.  Drilling through brick is very tough.  It's much easier just
to remove them.

John
----- Original Message -----
From: <KB2HUK@aol.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:06 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] what drill to use ?

Hi Guys ! I am bringing a 1.5 inch pvc pipe into my house which carries the
coax from the tower to my rig.  I have a brick house, does anyone know what
kind of drill bit I should use or where I can get one ?  I would like to
make
a clean hole in the brick and I will continue with a wood saw to finish the
hole into the house ..  thanks
John   KB2HUK