[Towertalk] Experience with HF-2V w/ Elevated Radials?

Dan Levin djl@andlev.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:22:55 -0700 (PST)

I am about to install a Butternut HF-2V as my backup
antenna for 40 and 80.  Primary use is contesting,
esp. domestic contesting.

I plan to mount the antenna "Team Vertical" style -
the base of the antenna about 2-3 feet above the
ground, with two 'gull-wing' elevated radials on each
band.  I will put the 40 meter radials up about 6
feet and the 80 meter radials up about 10 feet.

I'm looking for hints, suggestions, comments about
this plan.  In particular, if you have done a similar
installation, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

Yes, I know that I would have better results with 60
in-ground 1/4 wave 80 meter radials, but that just
isn't practical in the chosen location.

Thanks!

                    ***dan, K6IF