[Towertalk] Building Hygain Yagis

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:10:21 -0600

A friend purchased two brand new TH7's a couple of years ago,
assembled the elements, but never got them up in the air. He is
moving now and I couldn't help but notice that 4 of the element
tips had smooth arc bends in them.  The tips are  visibly SMALLER
in wall thickness than known 0.058 wall half inch tubing used for
comparison.  The wall tickness looks very close to 1 mm which
is roughly 0.040 inch.

I like the performance of my HyGain antennas but I HATE the
flimsy element tips and the 'sandwich' BOOM to ELEMENT
clamps.  *Mechanically*, MOSLEY does a much better job IMHO.
The Mosley element SADDLES are beautiful, a home brewers
delight !

Tom  N4KG