[Towertalk] Polyphaser question...

KC2TN kc2tn@comcast.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:32:23 -0400

Don,

	The Polyphaser RCT is a "shunt" device....It conducts current to ground
when there's a spike
	on the line.

	Each wire from the rotor is wired to a terminal lug .."In and Out" from the
same terminal.
	So wire #1 from the rotor goes to terminal #1 and wire #1 from the control
box also goes to terminal #1
	and so on for the other 8....or however many conductors you have up to 8
for each RCT Device.

	Also, the device must be grounded to your ground system.

	If you have one and need the directions for installation I can scan and
send to you.

 Joe - KC2TN

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of thaxton@ptgroup.com
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 10:37 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [Towertalk] Polyphaser question...

    I'm a little confused about how to wire a Polyphaser IS-RCT.  If
I'm looking at this correctly there are only 4 terminal positions on
either side of the block.  So what does one do when you want to
wire all 7 of your rotor control lines to this unit??  I'm assuming,
and we know what that means, that you only want to wire the 4
control wires of the rotor, i.e. do not wire the ground, the + or -
leads coming from the rotor.  I've never had a rotor prior to this so
I'm looking for advice/techinical support on how the Polyphaser IS-
RCT should be wired.

Thank you,

Don Thaxton
N0FGK