[Towertalk] Pouring base of tower

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:14:24 -0500

Tom, sounds to me like you made the error of asking a "Home Center"
person for help... they are only familiar with what they sell and this
is nto a Home Depot type item...

Go to your telephone book - yellow pages - find concrete additives -
companies that distribute curing compounds, form release agents or
bonding agents will know what you need... they typically deal with the
commercial construction trade and not those who watch Home Time...

The reason I have not cited any brand names is simple - I do not wish to
favour oe over another or give the impression that one will wrok where
another will not - there are many competitors in the business find a
distributor and he will sell the line he poromotes and inventories...

OR use a search engine like Google and type in something like:

construction epoxy hometown

(where hometown is a major metropolitan area near you likely to have a
wholesaler of construction products)

Again, this is not a hardware store or home center type item - it is
normally used in commercial construction - and believe me there will be
data sheets so you know how to use it properly!  Think about the
liability of incorrectly using a product on a high rise building :-)

73,

Jim, K4OJ