[Towertalk] small diameter aluminum tubing

Mark . n1lo@hotmail.com
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:37:50 -0500

<< Is there a non-radio/hobby/hardware source for 1/4" OD aluminum
tubing?  Maybe in the model airplane world?  I know copper is readily
available in the plumbing section of Home Depot et al, and maybe that will
do, but if aluminum can be found I suspect it would probably be
sturdier.  Application is elements for a 136-MHz Moxon rectangle, in an RFI
DF setup. 73, Pete N4ZR >>

Hi Pete,

Try McMaster Carr at www.mcmaster.com  I plugged aluminum tubing into their
search window and found the following:

product# 89965K44
General Purpose Aluminum Tubing .12" ID, 1/4" OD, .065" Wall Thickness, 6'
Length  $ 10.93 Each

--...MARK_N1LO...--