[Towertalk] New Rotator In Place; Mast Now Binds

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:07:15 -0500

one thing which I don't think has been mentioned is that mebbe you got a
poorly produced section or rotor plate - on the secdtion might be the
top is not "on center" - if your mast pipe stays close to the same side
of the tube on the pointy top throughout the whole rotation you need to
look at possible shimming the rotor plate away from the tower leg that
the mast is favoring - or perhaps try rotating the rotor plate 120
degrees and see if the same degree of closeness to the same side of the
pointy tube still exists...

I know - easy to say for the guy who doesn't have to climb and fix it!

Justa thought - Rohn is not high spec stuff - they occasionally produce
some stuff on Friday afternoons and Monday mornings, too!

Hope to see everyone in the Ten Meter contest this weekend - signing K4FCG

73,

Jim, K4OJ