[Towertalk] Shunt feed tower - Again

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:19:02 -0600

Do you have an Antenna Analyzer to measure the feed IMPEDANCE?

My guess is the Resistive component is LESS THAN 50 ohms
which is typical for verticals, especially short loaded verticals.

Use and OMEGA match to step up the low resistance to 50 ohms.

An Omega match has a shunt capacitor from the Gamma arm to
ground, following the series capacitor from the center of the feedline
to the Gamma arm.

Tom  N4KG