[Towertalk] Re: Double protection - climbing

Jeff Brown sparks@apk.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:57:35 -0500

Your fall-arrest lanyard should hook to the BACK D-ring.  If your
fall-arrest device is something like a lad-safe or ascender, then the front
D-ring is ok because the arresting forces are much lower due to the smaller
travel before arresting.  A lanyard should attach on the back.  Have you
ever tried the Y style fall-arrest lanyard?  Much easier to double-hook it
than having the positioning lanyard slide up the back of the tower.

Just my opinion... 73 - Jeff, WB2RUZ