[Towertalk] Coax

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:32:36 -0800

Hi Jerry,

I don't know anyplace in eastern PA, but if I lived there, I'll bet I'd find
one!

Here in southern California, my usual source is Apex Electronics, 8909 San
Fernando Road, Sun Valley, CA (818) 767-7202.  They usually have miles of
it, still spooled, often with government contract tags still attached.

Since 1000' of RG17A/U weighs about half a ton, it is expensive to ship.
When I lived back east, I always had a more "local" source of such items,
but that was a very long time ago.  I'd probably do a search (Yellow Pages,
etc) on "military surplus" and "military surplus electronics," "military
surplus wire and cable," etc. to determine who the local sources are.

Also, if you live near any military depots, they usually have auctions
annually or so to dispose of stuff they don't need.  I've attended such
auctions at Picatinny Arsenal in NJ and NWCC in Mechanicsburg, PA years ago
and the deals are absolutely amazing.  One I remember is picking up a
0-15Vdc, 0-100A regulated power supply (linear, and weighed about 200 lbs)
for $50 in brand new condx.  I couldn't lift it, so they helped me with a
pallet jack to get it into my station wagon...

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti