[Towertalk] Re: SteppIR Yagi Question

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:26:34 -0800

Dick, failure of the parasitic element(s) should result in a poor f/b
ratio. I would make a check with a local friend of f/b when the ant is
first installed and use that as a reference. SWR is useless as an
indicator unless a large change from a previously noted value occurs.
Even then, f/b and possibly f/s ratio will give you a good reference.
The test station should preferably not be too far away. You can tell a
lot from f/b on distant stations. 73, Dan, N5AR