Fw: [Towertalk] tower search

Roger Borowski K9RB@bellsouth.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:03:33 -0500

> Looking for what would be considered a "quiet" tower.
>  The tower will have to be self supporting and either crank up or fold
over.
> ........but just going 55 feet plus or minus a few feet with a planned
>  3 element Fluid Motion beam on top - Any tower suggestions?
>  73  Paul  N0AH

 Paul,
To meet the criteria for being either crank-up or fold over and self
supporting, as well as "quiet", I believe you are limited to the US Tower
telescopic mast type tower selection. Fold-overs all needed to be guyed and
are no longer available new. Lattice crank-ups, as you know, are anything
but quiet. With the antenna load you indicate, The US Tower MA-550 series
appears to be just what you're looking for. Check out the
www.texastowers.com web site for more information.
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes in your relocation. 73, -=Rog-K9RB=-