[Towertalk] Inverted L, sloper or loop?

Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD rudym@net-link.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:13:13 -0500

At present I have up a sort of inverted L antenna, top fed with 450 ohm =
line at 95 feet, on a tower with a lot of aluminum on top.  The top wire =
goes down at an angle to about 50 feet.  The other wire goes down to =
about 15 feet, then over to a tree.  What sort of pattern do I end up =
with on 80 and 160 meters?  It's basically a dipole about 240 total =
length.

Would I do better with an 80 meter sloping dipole?

Or should I hang a couple of loops off the tower?

As far as stateside contacts, anything is fine, buit I am interested in =
low angle for stuff farther than say 1500 miles on 80 and 160.
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---