[TowerTalk] ta-33jr - 6 meters?

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:44:42 -0600

Do you have any antenna modeling software
such as ELNEC or EZNEC?

If not, stick to handbook designs or buy a commercial antenna.
The ARRL Antenna Books and Handbooks have some designs.

BTW, the optimum boom for a 3L6 is 7 ft.
A 12 to 15 ft boom makes a nice 5L6.
You will need close to 120 inches for the reflector,
less for the DE and Dir (100 to 108 inches).  The
exact lengths will depend of element diameter and taper.

Tom  N4KG

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002  KI9A@aol.com writes:

> Hey gang-
>
> Having never been on 6 before, & working a G3 station last month on
> my G5RV,
> I have decided to put a 6 meter yagi up. I have an old TA33jr laying
> around,
> looking at the short boom on it, I figured I can convert it to 3 ele
> 6 meter
> yagi. Has anyone done it? If so, what dimensions did you use? Also
> how do you
> feed it?
>
> 73-Chuck KI9A

> Where do you get ICE bandpass filters & beverage matching boxes?
> The
> same place that pays for the hosting of this list:  The eHam Store.
> Order online at http://store.eham.net.
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.