[TowerTalk] Everything Works QST Article by N6BT

John/K4WJ k4wj@bellsouth.net
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:22:15 -0500

At 10:39 AM 2/1/02 -0800, J. Edward \(Ed\) Muns wrote:

>A "multi-monoband yagi" is simply a structure with more than one monoband
>yagi on a single boom.  It is "monoband" because each element is resonant
>only on a single band.  It is "multi-" because there are 2 or more sets of 2
>or more monoband elements on the same physical boom.  And, yes, the various
>elements are often, but don't have to be, "interlaced".  This is distinct
>from a multi-band antenna that deploys multi-band elements.  The words work
>for me, but I'm certainly not a language expert.

This is like saying that my two element five band quad is a multi-mono band
quad because it has separate feeds for each driven loop. Me thinks someone
is trying to change definitions on us.

It appears to me that this thing they call a "multi-mono band yagi" is
nothing more than a multi band yagi with separate feeds for each driven
element. There is nothing mono band about the antenna since more than one
driven element exists on the boom. Hmmm! "A multi band yagi with individual
feeds for each band." I guess some marketing guy tried to reduce the number
of words so he came up with the confusing "multi-mono band yagi".

73..de John/K4WJ
   John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
    QTH  26 00 51 N
         80 16 16 W