Fw: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Capacitor for Tower

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:40:34 -0600

...and the answer (from F12) is:

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Force 12" <force12@fix.net>
To: <n4kg@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Capacitor for Tower

Since the issue is the end elements, connect them directly to the boom.
This can be done by omitting the insulating PVC (remember not to crunch
the tubing), or by adding a shorting bar/wire to the boom. Have suggested

this to two people over the years who were using a shunt-fed tower.
No problems. A relay is one more thing that can go wrong and it
is really hard to get to.

        73, Tom  (N6BT, Founder of Force 12)