[TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Safety

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:01:14 -0500

At 05:48 AM 2/12/02 -0800, Frank Ayers wrote:

> [...]

Wait a sec -- the physics don't compute.  If you have the fall arrest
lanyard hooked above your head somewhere, you will only fall a couple of
feet before it takes up the slack -- no way 1/2 MV^2 adds up to the sort of
numbers portrayed above.  Presumably the type of lanyard discussed is of
the one-use type, which stretch/tears and doesn't rebound (much).  I would
think a greater worry would be banging your head against the tower, and
that risk might actually be increased if the lanyard was too elastic.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Order online at http://store.eham.net.