[TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor product info

VE6JY Don Moman VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:06:10 -0000

New Antenna Rotor available.

If  you are interested in a  heavy duty, full featured but still low cost
antenna rotor I invite you to check out http://www.alfaradio.ca/amateur.html
for links including a write-up by myself and a copy of the instruction
manual.  Not
all of the web site is running yet but the important info is there. Alfa
Radio is the exclusive North American distributor for this new rotor
product. The Alfa-Spid rotor is in the same class as the HyGain T2X and
Yaesu G-1000/2800 units.  Some of the hilites include: DC operation,
double worm drive, real "steel" - no pot or cast aluminum to break, digital
readout to 1 degree, computer interface, mouse control with presets and
more.

Several of these rotors (no pictures yet) are in use here at the VE6JY
station (http://www.andor.net/ve6jy) and more will be. The article in the
above link describes some of my experience with these rotors and other
commercial designs. I have built many home brew rotors using a similar
design  as I have not been impressed with either the performance or the
price of commercial products (sometimes both!). However this one has changed
my mind. It has the simplicity and durability of a worm drive coupled with
the features of a smart control unit.

The introductory price is 530$ US.  I hope the link above will answer most
of your questions but if you have specific questions (not orders) you may
also contact me directly and I will try to help.  We're in the ARRL CW test
this week and I will have to be away (no email) much of next week so there's
my excuse - in advance - for any slow response you may get.

73 Don
VE6JY
Alfa Radio - Engineering
Don Moman  ve6jy@rac.ca