[TowerTalk] Any substitute for that Polyphaser clamp Goo?

Pete Goudreau goudpj@mac.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:17:06 -0600

Being in the midst of beginning a project along the lines N3RR
details on his site, I wandered over to the JetLube site and found
that they state the following wrt SS-30:

"Where U.L. listing is needed, consult Thomas & Betts for KOPR-
SHIELDŽ"

What this means I'm not sure but making a point of being clear it's
_not_ UL listed has to mean something to a lawyer somewhere.  I can't
find KOPR-SHIELD anywhere on the T&B site, anybody know where to find
it?

I'm curious if there's something explicit in its UL listing that
applies to safety issues related to clamped conductor current
handling during single or multistrike lightning surges.

FWIW dept.,
Pete, AD5HD

Bill Hider \(N3RR\) wrote:

> Let me be more specific, since there seems to be confusion with
> another vendor.

> SS-30 is made by Jet Lube. http://www.jetlube.com/ It's the copper
> equivalent of NoAlox. I use it on my copper strap/ground rods.
> Complete installation photos are on my website at the "lightning
> protection" link
> http://users.erols.com/n3rr/lightningprotection/index.htm .
> www.users.erols.com/n3rr or simply, www.erols.com/n3rr

> 73,