[TowerTalk] Misc:

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:46:03 EST

In a message dated 2/24/02 5:51:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sloss@mindspring.com writes:

> Have two pieces of M2 1 1/4 to 1" boom mat'l that just won't come apart.
>  Any favorite suggestions.

    Sure. Heat the big one with a propane torch and use some cold spray on
the little one.

>  Am considering a late production used C3E but owner says that he has rather
>  large SWR swings on 10m when the wind blows.  Has there been any mods by
>  owners or Force 12 to keep element spacing somewhat constant when the wind
>  blows?

    Sure. Install a piece of plastic or plexiglass or wood on the end of each
3-element sleeve. Secure with little hose clamps (I suppose black cable ties
will work as well) and you're all set. It's a recommended mod. (By end I mean
near where the 3 elements end.)

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech