[TowerTalk] Wilson Tubular and Base Question

Doug Ford anonbyte@home.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:13:17 -0500

Hi all........

I have recently picked up a 40' Wilson crank-up tubular tower from a
friend but it doesn't have a base for it.  I understand that the US
Tower MA40 bases work just fine with the Wilson.  I'd like to use the
MAB40 standard base along with the MAF-40 fold-over add-on.

I guess my concern is whether or not the 3x3x5 foot hole would be okay
using this configuration.  I mean, what kind of weight or strain would
be put on the concrete when leaning the tower over at its minimum height
of 20.5 feet.....along with the MA5B minibeam antenna on top?  In other
words, do I need to expand the hole a little so the leaning tower
doesn't pluck itself out of the ground?

Many thanks,
Doug - KG0MX