[TowerTalk] Using guy wire to carry in coax lines?

Jerry Devine krr2ak@juno.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:46:26 UTC

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:07:45 -0500 "Bill Otten" <res0958z@verizon.net>
writes:

>Hi to the list.......
>    I was looking at the January 2001 issue of CQ magazine and an
>article by K7PF. The article was about antennas, but the statement I
found
>interesting was regarding his use of one of his lowest tower guy wires
as a
>'messenger' cable -- using the guy wire to carry the transmission coax
lines and
>rotor cables to the house.

Never ever use guys for this purpose.  If you want to use a messenger
cable
or guy then add one strictly for this purpose.

73,    Jerry                                     krr2ak@juno.com
[text|uuencode|59kb ea]   No RFC #2048
         'Y2K ?   Because 1k is 3 decibels down in amplitude. 9991
krr2ak'