[TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:48:30 -1000

An excellent "book" on this subject was published
in 1993 by LTA and the Radio Bookstore.  Book is by R. Dean
Straw, N6BV,  titled "All the Right Angles".

The book is full of detailed data,  charts,  computer
print outs, etc. Also includes a diskette with both
added data and antanna modeling stuff.  If you can
find a copy,  you will learn all about antenna performance
at many DX locations about the world,  specific station
antenna set ups,  etc.,  etc.   I have a copy,  including
the diskette,  not sure of the value,  but for the "right"
offer I would sell,  hi.  81/2 by 11 format in soft-cover
binder.

Copies "might"  still be available from either LTA,
New Bedford, PA., phone 216-565-9950,  or
Radio Bookstore, Rindge, NH.,  phone 800-457-7373.

Those are the indicated addresses and phone numbers
shown on the covers of my copy;  don't know if these
folks are still at those places.

Data is given for just about  everywhere on the US mainland
to various other spots about the world as well as data
from both Western and Eastern Europe, and Japan to
the world.  A very comprhensive work on antenna sorts,
heights and geography to and from just about anywhere
to anywhere!

73,  Jim  KH7M