[TowerTalk] Advice on 2 el 40M Vertical Array

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:23:48 -0600

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> If you can swing it, do the verts or a high rotatable dipole.
>
> GL, Mike VE9AA

I second the recommendation of a moderately high 40M rotary dipole.
I worked my first 300 countries on 40M using various rotary dipoles
at 80 ft, including a full size wire on bamboo dipole and boom matched
dipoles on a 3L20 and a TH6 (the end elements act as large capacity
hats, resonating a 24 ft boom around 7.5 MHz).

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Order online at http://store.eham.net.