[TowerTalk] Force 12 Sigma 80

Mike & Coreen Smith ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:41:26 -0400

Brad, (& group)

My 80m vertical cost me practically nothing and I'd pitch it against a
Commerical design any day of the week.
It's a very simple 5/16th WL inverted L( #12AWG stranded R90 wire) thrown
over the top of a 40' cedar tree. Feeding it at the bottom with an ol
junkbox air variable cap, taped to a small branch 3' off the ground with a
cut-off 2liter pop bottle (open at bottom) for wx proofing. 100' of (free)
CATV hardline to the shack.

Just about the same thing here for 160m, but longer wire & taller trees.
Lots of radials under both.

$600 Commercial antenna or $6.00 wire which will do EXACTLY the same thing
(maybe better)?
Hmmm, for me, the decision was made in about a u-second!

(It it makes you feel better, you can always tell people you're using the
commercial one-HI HI!!)

Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Little-VE9 to be)