[TowerTalk] Sommer Antennas

Bill Steffey ny9h@arrl.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:45:40 -0600

Julio,
  I have the Sommer 808, which is 6 thru 40 .....
last month worked ireland on 6 !!!! from Chicagoland.... 60 watts
The tower is a US Tower ...
two years ago, while at dayton, a big storm blew thru.... took out 1,000 trees,
in our little village...  one of them a 4foot diameter dropped with the
branches just touching the base of my tower ( retracted)... took and
twisted a  triex about 5 blocks away, and messed up his kt-34a ( and the
shingles on his roof)
The Sommer had no problems ( at 22 feet !!!)
While it's not cheap, neither are the Ten Tecs and Icoms I own.
Don't know if it's the perfect choice for contesters or DX Chasers,,,, but
it's great  for me, an occasional dx chaser.
  Julio check out the pictures at Alf's web site

http://www.sommerantennas.com/farm.html

some pix's of my stuff,,,are on epson's web site below

NY9H pictures on Epson's Photo site,
the pix files are
large,  http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1771119&a=13683578

Order online at http://store.eham.net.