[TowerTalk] Renting Tower Space to Cell Company(requirements)

Kyle Chavis wa4pgm@hovac.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:04:58 -0500

Sorry to say but the 96 foot tower with 15 square feet of loading would not
support a cellular structure. The smallest tower we are currently using is
Rohn 80, with numerous free standing towers ranging from 180 to 300 feet. I
know several of the land owners that are receiving $500 to $800 a month land
rent. The only towers we are co-located on are usually owned by other
cellular or tower services. I suggest you contact the project manager for
the cell company and leave your name and number to be included on the list
of available property.
Good Luck,
Kyle Chavis
US Cellular Cell Tech.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Tim D
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 10:08 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Renting Tower Space to Cell Company(requirements)

I have reason to believe that the local cell phone
companies would be interested in renting tower space
from me at my location.

I was about to put up a tower running 80 to 100 feet
and was wondering if anyone knows what type of
requirements the cell companies have on height,
strength and tower types before they will rent space
on a tower.

I was looking at a self supporting 96 foot steel
tower with the ability to handle 15 square feet of
antenna area at the top.  I will only have a Omni
2.4 and maybe 2 to 3 24 db grid antennas on it of my
own.

Has anyone had any experience in dealing with cell
companies and renting tower space?

Tim

pick
from our list of fun domain names at
http://noveltymail.com

Sent using Novelty Mail the FREE EMAIL SERVICE. Click here
http://noveltymail.com to get your own free email using this or ANY of our
fun domain names.

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----