[Towertalk] Tower Bases

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:38:40 -0700

I have been contimplating putting in a mast for wires.  I was going to use
2 irrigation pipes, have an attatchment at the top for a water hose, slight
necking at the other end, prepare the soil by cutting back the sod and some
soil, the water drilling the pipes into the ground.  I figured that a 10ft
pipe in 6.5 with 3.5 up would hold a 50ft mast.  Having the 2 pipes would
allow the mast to be tilted.  Other than pulleys for wires, a 10m vertical,
and maybe a loop for 40m.

So your idea of augurering backs me up a bit, thank you.

Chris opr VE7HCB