[Towertalk] Re: [Antennas] Comparison!!

Sherman Leifer sherman@mscomputer.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:50:28 -0400

I would just like to thank everyone who had replied to my question.

As I thought the Celwave Super Stationmaster appears to be the winner.  The
model is the PD620, which is the heavy duty version of the two
"Stationmaster" antennas Celwave manufacturers.

My plans are to put one at the top of my 110 foot rotation tower (see
http://www.w2fla.com) .  With the property at over 2000 feet above sea
level on top of this mountain, it should work gang busters.  I am also
going two install (2) Cubex 8 element 2 meter quads (vertically stacked) at
the 80-90 foot mark for pin point communications.  Of course I will use all
hard line and a switch box on the tower to switch between antennas.  The
hard line is necessary since the tower is 300 feet behind the house.  So
any of you guys in VK or ZL land make sure you listen for me on 146.52 very
soon.

Again, thanks to all who gave me their opinion.

73
Sherman
W2FLA
Formally W4FLA