[Towertalk] Source of Control Wire?

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:19:22 -0400

> I really didn't get any response to a query about availability of
> flooded CATV coax so I'll try another.

I purchase flooded CATV cable direct from the CommScope factory since
I buy pallet loads at a time. You might do an internet search for
CATV suppliers if you only want a single reel.

By the way, Times makes a T-10 type power cable that is 5/8th inch
diameter with a solid copper center. It has an aluminum jacket and is
available flooded, and is competitive with LMR400 cables in price.

As a matter of fact, I am only paying about $1.10 a foot for new
Heliax now that businesses are all slow. Connectors are about 1/2 the
normal prices.

> Does anyone know of a cheap source of control wire like 10- #22?  I
> have a short piece of 'fire alarm loop cable' that says West Penn on
> it and I am trying to find a roll of 500' or 1000'.

I buy mine from electrical supply houses. 2500 foot reels are fairly
cheap. For only 500 foot, talk nice to a telephone repair guy. They
often have some around that has a "messed up" reel.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com