[Towertalk] 3 high stack

Barry w2up@mindspring.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:59:51 -0000

Peter,
I have a 3 TH7s (25, 40 and 76 ft). The upper two are phased. The
bottom one is usually used with the second radio, but occasionally with
the run radio, depending on band and condx.
There have been plenty of times the lowest TH7 was several S-units
better than either of the upper two alone or phased, to Europe on 10m.
It's been sometimes better on 15 (often the same) and never better on
20 (usually worse).
In your case, I don't think that low antenna will do you much good
because:
1. I'm on the east coast and your not. You need lower angles.
2. The "lower is best" scenario is fading away with the sunspots.
73,
Barry W2UP