[Force 12 Talk] Re: [Towertalk] C31XR & guy wire detuning

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:00:54 -0400

At 09:32 AM 7/25/02 -0400, Joe Mitchell wrote:
>Hi Pete,
>If your C3 is between the EF-240S and the guy wires, was the C3 not suspect?
>Sounds like it was cleared of potential interference with the 240S but I am
>wondering how you did that.

Joe, I certainly don't rule out the possibility of interaction between the
EF-240S and the C-3E.  In fact, the EF-240S is turned 90 degrees relative
to the C-3E precisely because I noticed an SWR perturbation on 15 meters as
a function of the EF-240's addition to the mix.  The 90-degree rotation
fixed that, but as Guy and others have noted, you can't be sure there is no
interaction, just because the SWR is as it was before.

However, the change in the performance of the EF-240S is directly traceable
to the guy wires.  The ONLY thing I changed was the guys -- the C-3E is
still there.  The EF-240S was relatively dead before the guy wire change;
afterward, it came alive.  QED, I think.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org