[Force 12 Talk] Re: [Towertalk] C31XR & guy wire detuning

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:47:34 -0600

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002  Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> writes:

> At 09:32 AM 7/25/02 -0400, Joe Mitchell wrote:
> >Hi Pete,
> >If your C3 is between the EF-240S and the guy wires, was the C3 not
> suspect?
> >Sounds like it was cleared of potential interference with the 240S
> but I am wondering how you did that.

When I modeled a 2L Yagi, I played with the reflector dimensions
to see where it would become 'invisible'.

Basically, any conductor Less Than 0.25 WL at the frequency of
interest is nearly invisible to a dipole driven element at 0.15 WL
spacing.  Therefore ANY element tuned for 20M and above will
be nearly invisible to a 40M beam.

Note that 20M elements attached to a 24 ft boom end load that boom
to a resonant frequency around 7.5 MHz so the BOOM may couple to
40M elements IF the boom is parallel to the 40M elements.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.