[Towertalk] Bad RF

Mike Rhodes weightdn@adelphia.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:50:46 -0400

This doesn't exactly apply to your case but maybe it will give you some more
ideas.

I had no TVI problems until I switched from dialup to a cable modem. Then I
got into our TVs pretty badly on 15m. Put some ferrites that came with some
color monitors on both ends of the coax feeding the cable modem and no more
problems. Just food for thought...

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Zalewski" <w7zr@citlink.net>
To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:43 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] Bad RF

Just switched to an external DSL modem and now at even low power 40m RF is
taking out the DSL connection.  Never was a problem before.

I have the DSL going to the external modem and then to a hub for a 2
computer network.  Disconnecting one computer at a time showed no culprit.
I have ferrite on all leads into the modem.

Any ideas?

73
Dick W7ZR

Price Reduced!!