[Towertalk] Guy wire resonance. Break it up or use stubs?

Joe Reisert jreisert@jlc.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:18:41 -0400

Guy,

I think if you look back a few years (perhaps 20-25), the whole theory of
guy resonances was first mentioned and explored by the late Jim Lawson,
W2PV, and I think he provided the info that is now in the ARRL references.
Furthermore, none of the so called WARC Bands (12, 17 and 30 meters) were
in existence at that time.

As for the 468/F formula, that is for a half wave wire with insulators on
the each end. the assumption here is that the insulators shorten the wire
by 5%. No magic but a loose approximation for the simplest cases as we all
now know.

73,

Joe, W1JR