[Towertalk] Raised Guy Stays

kr7x@attbi.com kr7x@attbi.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:24:29 +0000

Chris:

Yes you can back guy the guy post. This is getting more
complicated though and additional work. If designed
properly the cantilever elevated guy post will be
adequate.

Actually the 60/40 ratio recommended is not a bad rule
of thumb especially if you do not know the bearing value
of the site's soil or have previous experience with the
specific site.

Hank