[Towertalk] HDX-555 specs

Frank C Travanty w9jcc@juno.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:28:36 -0500

David,
If you have Excel on your computer I will send you a spreadsheet that is
already set up for the HDX-555. You simply need to input your antenna
parameters (wind load & height above the tower) and height of the tower
(21' to 55') at about 5 points to generate a wind Velocity vs Tower
Height profile for a constant bending moment at the base. I ran into the
similar dilemma, as I have several antennas stacked up to 16 feet above
the tower (not at the specified 1 foot) The price has gone up. They
wanted $150.00 for that a few years ago. Any reason given for the larger
base & Re bar??

73,
Frank W9JCC