[Towertalk] RFI Workshop

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:35:48 -0500

Steve,

Every Power Company and Rural Electric should attend these.  Georgia Power
had a guy with a car full of Collins and RFI locating equipment but they
deemed that a waste of time and had him selling ups
Back up systems.  Their District Engineers  are very busy and must track
down problems in their spare
time.  You almost have to locate the problem with your own RFI gear before
they come out.  I had the local FOB (FCC) office involved two years ago and
many of my problems went away but it still comes and goes.
I can drive around with my auto radio and hear problem areas or harmonics.
Yesterday it was S6 with the beam toward JA on 10.

73 Dave K4JRB