[Towertalk] Grounding an Elevated vertical

Jim Miller k4sqr@juno.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:53:23 -0500

Don, K4BEV;

A ground connection down the wood support to a ground rod with 33'
radials will provide an excellent ground screen for the 10' high 40 meter
vertical.

If you are serious about performance, no less than 30 radials and
preferably 60 will be worthwhile.
Cutting the grass 1-2" shorter than normal and pinning the radials with
womens "Bobby Pins" will minimize foot traffic tripping until the grass
thatch covers them in the spring.
Be prepared for a strange expression at the drug store checkout register
with 4-6 packages of Bobby Pins in hand.  :-)

Good luck.

73,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com