[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS - Not a panacea

Bill Otten Bill Otten" <res0958z@verizon.net
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:46:16 -0500

It's probably just semantics...my tower does have the hinge mounted on the
Wonder Post at about 9 feet above ground. EZ Way Towers listed the towers as
"crank up & down, tiltover" models. I'd like to get a web page up and
running so I can post some pictures of my setup....lots of photos taken
within the last 6 weeks during differing stages of routine maintainance and
improvement.

For the record....I think (and Jim's mentioned to me) there's NO replacement
for routine maintainance to any of these tower and their hardware if you
want to keep it upright and functional as well as safe. One thing I've taken
from this discourse is some new ideas on cable lubricants (the Champion
Radio cable lube sounds like the ticket for me). As for the debate....well,
it's gonna be different strokes for different folks. Frankly, I'm puzzled as
to why EZ Way Towers went out of business....it sounds as if most folks have
had a great deal of longevity out of their EZ Way Tower....and that they had
some impressive safety features built in. Anybody know why?

Bill  KC9CS