[Towertalk] deed restrictions

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:21:41 -0800

 From reading this thread, in one way I am glad we have a different law
system in Canada, but it is becoming more and more Americanized.  (t'is a
pity.)

The Radio Act comes under the federal law.  No one can superced such.  It
may be difficult but the ham can prevail.  However, we have a Charter of
Rights, that (I think) supercedes the Canadian Constitution.  You would not
believe what the supreme court is granting on that charter.

If you can have your federal government empasize  that the radio act is
their's and no one can supercede it, then you should be able to put up
antennas at least.  ( I for one would not like to see a 200ft tower next
door able to fall onto the local electric power lines etc and across my
property.  )

Does not the municipality over rule such?  I though that federal, state,
county, municipality then what ever in order of such.  Oh well, keep on
trucking!

Chris opr VE7HCB