[Towertalk] M2 10-30LP8 log periodic Yagi

Chuck O'Neal coneal@ma.ultranet.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:41:02 -0500

Absolutely not true!!!  If you take the aluminum required for
monobanders, 3 or 4 or 5 elements each, for three bands
10, 15, and 20M, and make one log out of it, you get the WARC
bands, all of every amateur band without regard to phone
or CW tuning, better F/B ratio across entire amateur bands,
Better  SWR performance , with only a compromise in gain
of 1 to under 2 dB, depending upon the design..   Stack two
of them and you more than make up for that plus now
have a the flexibility of vertical angle control for 5 bands
with much less time spent on maintaining 10 yagis!
I know, having been there.  I found this to be the best set
up for me, not being a contester and given my operating
requirements.

BTW, one can not make generalizations about LPDA performance
since, like yagis, it depends on what the design goal is. There are
significant design trades to be made for number of elements, boom
length, interconnecting transmission line impedance, freq range, ect.
73,
Chuck...K1KW