[Towertalk] Antenna Suggestions Wanted!

Barry Schieferstein BarryS@Core.Com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:34:51 -0500

Hi All,
I wanted to summarize the suggstions I got in response to my request for
improving 80/160 on a city lot.

K2AV: Guy suggests using an L 55' up and 78' horizontal and a matching
network that would allow it to be used on 30/40/80/160.  With a good ground
system this seems to be a very viable option.

AA4NU:  Billy suggest sticking with an inverted V for 80 and possibly
feeding the entire tower/tribander against ground for 160.

EI7BA:  John sent me a great drawing of his phased dipoles.  I may
experiment with these but they really need more acreage than I have.

K4IA:  Buck suggests a top fed L if I can't do a good radial system.

K4IK:  Joe, who is very familiar with Ohio contesting, suggests pulling the
trap dipole flat and installing a reflector.  Again the supporting trees
here are not spaced far enough apart but this would have been the easiest to
implement.

N8BR: Bill uses a 1/4 wave inverted checkmark fed with ladder line and using
elevated radials.  This is another I may experiment with.

Thanks to all who responded.  I have also found that I am enjoying the many
other discussions going on here on this very active reflector.

Barry KW8W