[Towertalk] Sigma verticals

Rick richardw@mho.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:51:33 -0700

Bob,

I have two Force 12 Sigma (Magnum 160VX) verticals phased in the back yard.
After  asking the question about grounds for verticals; the overwhelming
response was to go with as many ground radials as possible.

I ended up putting down between 100 and 120  1/4 radials under each vertical
(not a one afternoon project).  This seems to be the best answer.   I
beleive the ground at my qth is about the same as yours, and the things seem
to play fairly well (transmit).    They don't receive worth a damn though;
lots of qrn, etc etc etc.

Good luck

K8ZTT Dick
Franktown CO